How to Say Nasty Things Nicely- 12 MORE Phrases that will save your work relationships!
My last blog post gave you some phrases to help you communicate emotional responses in a professional manner. The response from my readers was so encouraging that I have included a few more below!
Hopefully, this will help you to create your own diplomatic dictionary to help you when you don’t know how to respond to bad behaviour or you risk creating tension by unintentionally adopting an aggressive approach in any work related context. Read on for extra phrases.
12 More phrases
- What are you asking me for? Thanks for your query. I have copied in Martin who has the expertise to help you.
- Stop micro-managing me! Thanks for your advice. If I need any further help, I’ll let you know.
- Read the d@mn email I sent you, I’ve already answered you! May I refer you to the email that I sent you on… it contains everything you need to know but if you need any further clarification, please contact me.
- That meeting is a waste of my time. I won’t be attending this meeting as I don’t think my participation will be necessary but if you need me to comment on anything, please feel free to contact me afterwards.
- We don’t need a meeting for this. Could you send me a detailed agenda? There may be items we can resolve instead by email, in the interests of saving time.
- Could you hurry up? We’re not going to make the deadline. Please could you update me on your progress so far?
- This sounds like a “you” problem. How do you plan to resolve it?
- Why are you ignoring me? I’d be grateful for your response.
- Stop criticising me! I respond better to constructive feedback and welcome any opportunity to grow and develop.
- That is a stupid idea. Talk me through the advantages of this idea and the challenges.
- I have no clue why you would say that. I’m curious to know more about that.
- That’s never going to work. Let’s consider alternatives.
- Bonus translation: Use your initiative! I trust your judgment to decide the best way forward.
Please feel free to send any other phrases that might need translating !